Example: Dream meaning?
I have dreams that are very detailed - the entire dream fits together as if an author had been planning it for years.. but many times my dreams have water in them. Whether the water is calm, clear, rough, dirty - if it's an ocean, a lake, or a bathtub, it doesn't matter.. but the weird thing is that whenever I go under any kind of water, I can still breathe. I'm breathing slowly and shallow so it isn't comfortable and I still need to get to the surface to get enough air, but I can still run out of breath under the water and take in enough oxygen to be okay. My dreams are never about the fact that I can breathe underwater.. it's just a little something that happens but I notice it a lot. What could that mean?
Hi firstly ive given you a list of what different types of water means in your dreams. When you have these dreams look back on this information and see if you can reflect your waking life on anything which ive mentioned. Water in your dreams is your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.
* If the water is calm, clear, then it signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation.
* If you are splashed by water, then it represents your need to be revitalized and more expressive.
* Muddy or dirty water in your dream, indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. You may need to devote some time to clarify your mind and find internal peace. Alternatively, it suggests that your thinking/judgment is unclear and clouded. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions.
* Dreaming that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation.
* As with the ocean. This too represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.
When we dream of being underwater wether this is by being able to breathe underwater or the ableness to stay submerge for longer times than usual this usually means you want to return to a state where you were dependent and free from responsibilities. Perhaps you are feeling helpless, unable to fulfill your own needs and caring for yourself.� Alternatively, you may be submerged in your emotions.
Some other area of water in dreams are as follows:-
* Clear, calm-flowing river in your dream, shows that you are allowing your life to float away and it is time that you take a more decisive hand in directing your life. A river also symbolizes joyful pleasures, peace and prosperity.
* A raging river, shows that your life is feeling out of control.
* Muddy and/or raging river, is reguards to tumultuous times and jealousy in your life.
* Dreaming that you are IN a bath tub of water is a need for self-renewal and escape from everyday problems. You need to rid yourself of the burdens that you have been carrying. Alternatively, it indicates your mood for love and pursuit of pleasure and relaxation.
I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF. LEARN SOME RELAXATION TECHNIQUES AND TRY TO LET OUT YOUR EMOTIONS MORE RATHER THAN KEEPING THEM AND YOUR FEELINGS LOCKED AWAY INSIDE YOU.
I don't remember much. I was swimming and my old boyfriend was with me. He pulled me underwater and I was holding my breath at first but I could hold it any longer. I was scared at first but I just let myself go hen I realized I could breathe under water.
Is there any significance in this? Does it mean anything?
Water is the element of the emotions, in this dream you dive in to your emotions, and navigate through them easily. Since your old boyfriend accompanies you here, and seems to have something to do with helping you to find that you can move through the emotional waters more easily than you thought you could, it suggests that your relationship with him has something to do with this :)
To explain a little more fully, you may have had to part ways, but it could be that the relationship itself helped you to learn how to deal with your emotions, to navigate them more easily. If he was your first boyfriend, and if the dream occurred while you were with him, it could be about falling in love with him, scary at first, but then letting go, you were able to enjoy it. If it didn't occur while you were still with him, it could be that you were reviewing emotional lessons that you learned with him, some way that he was instrumental in helping you approach your emotions, not necessarily to do with the relationship itself. In the action, he pulls you into emotional territory, you are scared at first, because you are afraid of being overwhelmed by the emotions, and drowning in them. Instead you discover that you can breathe, that you can handle being surrounded by the emotions...
Example: What do Underwater Dreams mean?
I had a dream I was underwater And I was struggling to swim away from something, I din know what is was I just had this strong feeling I needed to get away from it and swim as fast as I could.. What does this mean?
I was on the raft and it was going underwater, but I was able to breathe and it was beautiful under the water. Any ideas?
Almost every night I have a dream that I'm at the bottom of a swimming pool but can still breathe underwater please tell me what this means
I always have dreams where I'm under water and holding my breath and when i can't hold it any longer, I just inhale the water.. I'll go through the entire dream underwater sometimes even thinking to myself how am I doing this?.. they are always pleasant dreams- in some i just sit there and feel really peaceful and in others i might be playing with friends and whizzing around like we're flying.. Literally about 20% of my dreams involve me being underwater so what might this mean?
I'v always had this very vague dream where I'm underwater about to run out of air and then all the sudden I can breath underwater. I'v always wanted to know what it meant?
Because i recently had a distressing dream where i was underwater but at the same time in my own house and i was near several jellyfish, some were translucent and some transparent, and i was trying to avoid them all, and luckily i was never stung, but during the dream i had a fear of being stung. What does this dream mean?